July was a very busy summer month for me. I got a bit thrown off my game with traveling 3 weekends in a row. They were all very nice trips, but I've been finding it hard to get back in the groove of making art after I get home. Hopefully my new travel palette cures that a bit! And I've got a few more travel-free weekends until Disney (EEEEE)! Here are some things I love this month:
- Vermont: Went to my boyfriend's sister's cabin two weekends in a row and had a lovely (relatively unplugged) time. I wrote a blog post about it here.
- Pokémon Go: Yes. So obsessed. A little disappointed with the last update (I really liked the battery saver feature!) but still having fun with this. As a freelancer who works from home, I love that this is an excuse to get up and walk around my neighborhood.
- My travel watercolor palette that I made with a pill case from Muji and some really old (like 2004 old) Van Gogh watercolor pans that I glued in. I also needed a water container to match so I took out the sauce pod from my Sistema lunchbox. They're the perfect size! Will do a more thorough blog post on this later.
- Maple syrup soft serve ice cream in Vermont from a place called Hidden Springs Maple. I had dreams about it afterward. That is all.
- Peaches! It was the peak of the season and I gobbled up so many (despite being slightly allergic...)
- Rimmel Kate Moss Sculpting Palette: Great quality for a drugstore contour palette! And really convenient for travel.