October wasn't a *great* month for me mentally and stressfully, so I thought it would be nice to reflect on things I did like the past 4 weeks. Here they are!
- Hot apple cider and apple cider donuts One of the things my friends and I did in Vermont was visit a pumpkin patch and the had amazing cider and donuts. I took a half dozen home and it was a really blissful 2 days of microwaved donut life.
- Wearing sweaters again Love pulling out my cold weather wardrobe. It's like having new clothes! Cozy ones!
- Being Boss Podcast Been listening to a few podcasts lately and this has been one of my favorites. Sometimes (ok a lot of times) I question my decision to be a self-employed person but Kathleen, Emily and their guests do a really good job of giving sound advice while also sharing questions and vulnerabilities lots of creatives have and it makes me feel less alone. GOOD STUFF.
- Wearing lipstick again! Orange and deep red have been my favorites. Right now I'm loving NYX's Matte Lipstick in Indie Flick and Topshop's LIPS in Beguiled.
- The Book of Life Movie Man oh man I think this movie is so underrated! It's so beautiful and sad and heartwarming and perfect for this time of year. I highly highly recommend it.